Hazardous materials that affect health and safety in the United States are becoming increasingly part of our everyday lives. Building materials used in construction can contain mixtures of asbestos and lead that can be deadly or detrimental to our health and are regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Strict enforcement of the handling and disposal of asbestos and lead has required the EPA to monitor and license companies engaged in abatement of these materials. Meridian is licensed to conduct regulated asbestos activities to remove and encapsulate friable Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) and is a certified company for the EPA Lead Remodeling, Repair & Painting (RRP) program.
Meridian performs inspections for mold contamination and abatement of mold-contaminated materials. Although not regulated by the EPA; mold, for many individuals, is a toxic irritating substance and should be handled with proper engineering controls.
Biologically Hazardous substances (Biohazards) pose a threat to the health of living organisms, primarily that of humans. Bacteria and viruses can be transported through sewage, body fluids and medical waste. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has four categories of biohazards with Level One being the minimum risk to Level Four being extreme risk. Meridian has trained personnel to perform clean up and disposal of biohazard waste.
- Trained OSHA and IAQA Personnel
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Qualified
- Half & Full Face Mask Respirator Qualified
- Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Qualified
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Qualified
- Negative or Positive Air Filtration and Containment
- Set Up of Effective Occupant Protection and Engineering Controls
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Vacuuming & Cleaning
- Media Blasting (Baking Soda) Cleaning and Odor Neutralization
- Air Sanitizing & Scrubbing
- Sewage (Raw Water) Extractors
- Personnel Air Sampling
- Air and Surface Sampling For Clearance of Contaminants
- Fungicide, Biocide and Antimicrobial Applications
- Duct Cleaning and Sanitizing